PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 30 min
READY TIME: 40 min
CALORIES: 140 (per serving)
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 2 chicken breasts on the bone
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet white wine
- 1 tablespoon shredded ginger
- 2½ cups short- or long-grain white rice
- 3¾ cups (30 fl oz) cold water
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 125 g (4 oz) oyster mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
1 Chop chicken into small pieces and place in a bowl with soy sauce, wine and ginger. Allow chicken to marinate for 30 minutes.
2 Wash rice well under cold water. Place in a large saucepan and pour cold water over rice. Bring water to boil and cook rice for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Drain chicken from marinade and reserve marinade.
3 Place chicken, shallots and mushrooms on top of rice. Cover pan tightly and cook for a further 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
4 Place reserved marinade in a saucepan and bring to boil. Mix cornflour (cornstarch) with a little water to form a smooth paste. Whisk into marinade and cook for 1 minute. Place rice and chicken mixture in serving bowls and top with sauce.
Calories: 140 Kcal
Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 68.4 mg
Sodium: 795.7 mg
Potassium: 305.8 mg
Carbs: 1.6 g
Protein: 28.6 g