Stuffed Turkey Breast Rolls Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless turkey breasts, pounded and flattened
- #For The Stuffing#
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped spinach leaves (packed tightly)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, diced, boiled and coarsley mashed with a fork
- 3 green onions, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- #For The Top#
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 mint leaves
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted and sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- Rosemary sprigs (optional)
- #Turkey meat tends to be dry but this tray-baked recipe is always moist. Brining the meat is the ultimate solution. Use a small amount of salt in the recipe if you choose to brine the turkey breasts. The sauce in the bottom of the pan also contributes to making this a moist and tasty dish. This recipe works just as well when choice of meat is chicken or beef.# Preheat oven to 375 °F / 190 °C.
- Brine the turkey breasts.
- Start by preparing the stuffing. Saute garlic and spinach in olive oil on medium-high heat until greens are wilted. Add potatoes and green onions.
- Give it a good stir and break the potato pieces with fork. Taste the stuffing to season with salt and pepper. Or better yet, refrain from using any salt as brined meat tends to be salty. Freshly ground pepper should be enough for a good taste balance.
- Let cool completely as you keep yourself busy slicing and measuring ingredients for the topping. Fill turkey breasts with stuffing and roll or wrap. Secure rolls with toothpicks if necessary or use the right size pan to hold the rolls snugly.
- Place a sprig of rosemary between each roll. Top the turkey rolls with tomato and onion slices, basil and mint leaves. Pour wine and lemon juice over the rolls and top with the olives and capers. Grind some pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover pan and bake for 40 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking for another 10 minutes or so. Remove the rolls to a serving dish and spoon sauce around the meat.