Peking Egg Battered Chicken with Bean sprouts in Onion and Garlic Sauce
- 3 breasts of chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 tbsps oil
- 4 tbsps stock Vinegar to taste
- #This exciting mixture results in a simply delicious dish.# Cut each chicken breast into thin slices, Rub with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs lightly, and add the chicken slices to the eggs.
- Crush garlic and cut green onions into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in the wok. Add the chicken pieces one by one, reduce heat to low and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the egg has set, sprinkle the chicken with garlic, green onion and bean sprouts.
- Finally, add the stock and vinegar to taste. Simmer gently for about 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, cut each piece into small regular pieces, serve on a heated platter. Pour the remaining sauce from the pan over the chicken. #COOK’S TIP# Buy the bean sprouts on the day you intend to use them as they deteriorate rapidly.