PREP TIME: 25 min
COOK TIME: 20 min
READY TIME: 45 min
CALORIES: 386 Kcal
Oven Temperature: 230°C (450°F), Gas Mark 8
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 3 x 175 g (6 oz) duck breasts, boned
- 1 bunch of spring onions, cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) lengths
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 500 g (1 lb) brown rice, cooked
- 3 medium ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light vinegar, preferably a fruit vinegar
- 250 ml (8 fl oz) natural very low fat yogurt
1 Arrange the duck breasts, skin-side up, on a rack and roast in a preheated oven for 10 minutes on each side.
2 Leave to cool, then remove the skin and cube the meat.
3 Meanwhile, make the sauce. Place the egg white, whole egg, mustard, mango chutney, soy sauce and vinegar in a food processor or blender and blend well, then add the yogurt, a tablespoon at a time.
4 Combine the duck meat with the onions, celery, orange rind, cooked rice and seasoning in a large bowl.
5 Arrange the mango slices on top of the salad and serve, accompanied by the sauce.
Calories: 386 Kcal
Protein: 16 g
Fat: 5 g
Carbs: 72 g