Spicy Oven-fried Chicken Recipe
- 3 slices of white bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes
- A generous handful of tightly packed parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons mustard of your choice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 chicken thighs, skin and fat removed
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin and fat removed
- #A very healthy and equally tasty dish – try adding other fresh herbs like thyme and chopped rosemary to make the coating as fragrant as possible. Serve with Sauteed Greens or just a freshly made green salad and Oven Baked Tomatoes. The best way to enjoy these oven fried little birds is to pick them up with your fingers. Provide finger bowls and a good stack of paper napkins. Serve with Oriental Dipping Sauce.# Preheat oven to 400 °F / 200 °C.
- Put all the ingredients up to egg whites in the food processor and pulse on and off until finely crumbled. Then add the egg white and once more pulse on and off until mixture is moist. Place crumb mixture onto a plate.
- Mix mustard, water and honey in a bowl. Wash the chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Dip chicken pieces first into mustard mixture and then into crumb mixture. Pat crumbs In place with fingers to form a thin layer. Place chicken pieces on greased oven tray. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes until crisp and brown.
- Provide a small bowl for each guest and pour some dipping sauce into it. Dip chicken pieces In the sauce and enjoy this finger licking good dish.