Spiced Beef Recipe | Chinese Foods
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2-3 star anise, ground
- ½ tsp ground fennel
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- ¼ tsp monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1lb fillet of beef, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, peeled and crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsps oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- #A classic recipe which requires the best-quality beef.# Mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Add the beef strips, ginger and salt, and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in wok and stir-fry the onions for 1 minute.
- Add the beef, ground pepper and soy sauce and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes. #TIME# Preparation takes 30 minutes, cooking takes 5-6 minutes. #COOK’S TIP# Fresh root ginger keeps well if wrapped in food wrap and stored in the refrigerator.