Smorgasbord Recipes: Beef Mayonnaise
- 1 large thin slice brown bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 slices cold roast beef
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1/4 pickled cucumber, sliced
- Thickly spread the bread with the mayonnaise.
- Fold the slices of roast beef in half lengthways and arrange in a fan-shape on the bread.
- Shell and slice the egg lengthways, and place on the beef. Garnish with the cucumber slices. #COOK’S TIP# Roast beef sandwiches are just as delicious made with lightly toasted bread. In this case mix the mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce and omit the pickled cucumber.