Sesame Chicken Wings Recipe
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 tbsp salted black beans
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 slices fresh ginger, cut into fine shreds
- 4 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps dry sherry or rice wine
- Large pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- #This is an economical appetizer that is also good as a cocktail snack or as a light meal with stir-fried vegetables.# Cut off and discard the wing tips. Cut between the joint to separate into twin pieces. – Crush the beans and add the water. Leave to stand.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the garlic and ginger. Stir briefly and add the chicken wings. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and wine and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds longer. Add the soaked black beans and pepper.
- Cover the wok tightly and allow to simmer for about 8-10 minutes. Uncover and turn the heat to high. Continue cooking, stirring until the liquid is almost evaporated and the chicken wings are glazed with sauce.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle on sesame seeds. Stir to coat completely and serve. Garnish with green onions or Chinese parsley, if desired. #TIME# Preparation takes about 25 minutes, cooking takes about 13-14 minutes. #WATCHPOINT# Sesame seeds pop slightly as they cook. #COOK’S TIP# You can prepare the chicken wings ahead of time and reheat them. They are best reheated in the oven for about 5 minutes at 350°F. #SERVING IDEA#To garnish with green onion brushes, trim the roots and green tops off green onions and cut both ends into thin strips, leaving the middle intact. Place in ice water for several hours or overnight for the cut ends to curl up. Drain and use to garnish.