PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 5 min
READY TIME: 15 min
CALORIES: 296 (per serving)
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, sliced
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) soda water
- 1 egg
- Rocket (arugula) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped rocket (arugula)
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
1 To make batter, place pepper, flour, soda water and egg in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
2 Dip chicken strips into batter and deep fry in hot oil for 2 minutes or until chicken is golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
3 To make rocket (arugula) mayonnaise, place rocket (arugula), mayonnaise and lime juice in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
4 To serve, place chicken on serving plates and serve with small bowls of rocket (arugula) mayonnaise and steamed greens.
Calories: 296 Kcal
Fat: 8 g
Sodium: 0 mg
Carbs: 32 g
Protein: 24 g