Lamb with Tomatoes Recipe | Chinese Foods
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tbsps water
- 3 tbsps oil
- 1/2 inch fresh root ginger, sliced
- 1/2 lb lamb fillet, cut across the grain in thin strips of 1/2 x 2 inches
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3-4 small, firm tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- #Lamb and tomatoes make a wonderful, if unusual, combination.# Mix the cornstarch, salt, soy sauce, water and 1 tsp of the oil together. Put to one side.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok and fry the ginger and lamb for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onions, green pepper and curry powder and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the sauce thickens. Remove the slice of ginger before serving. #TIME# Preparation takes 20 minutes, cooking takes about 10 minutes. #BUYING GUIDE# Fresh root ginger is widely available. When buying look for a plump, smooth root.