How to Make Homemade Tomato Paste
You may think making your own tomato paste at home is a hassle but the truth is far from that. Check out this recipe to easily make your own delicious homemade tomato paste.
- 10 jars
- 22 lbs tomatoes
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Put them into a big pan (I used two smaller pans, if you don’t have a big one that works too).
- Put the pan onto low heat and stir the tomatoes until they boil.
- After all the tomatoes are boiled and turned into a chunky mixture, use a hand blender to make a smooth puree.
- Continue to boil until it thickens.
- Add the salt and olive oil when the thickness of the tomato paste reaches to your liking.
- Mix it well.
- Pour the mixture into jars and close the lids when they are still hot. Use an oven mitten and be careful not to burn yourself since the tomato paste is really hot at this point.
- Your own homemade tomato paste is ready. Enjoy whenever you need a spoonful of this deliciousness.