Homemade Tomato Sauce with Onions
A delicious tomato sauce recipe that will complement your pastas, breakfasts, pizzas and hamburgers. You will love the way this easy homemade tomato sauce comes out.
- 2 large onions
- 4-5 large tomatoes 1 can if using canned
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Chop the onions into thin sticks just like in the photo.
- Put some olive oil into the pan, add the onions and saute the them until they turn golden brown.
- Chop the tomatoes and add them to the sauteed onions.
- Drizzle some olive oil on them and add salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally.
- When the tomatoes get soft, put them into a bowl and make a smooth puree using a hand blender.
- You can put your homemade tomato sauce into a jar while it is hot to preserve it longer or you can serve it as a dip sauce while it is a little warm or let it cool before you savor it.
- Do not over-cook the tomatoes if you want them to keep their bright red color.
- You can add a spoonful of tomato paste if you want a more vivid red.