Healthy Diet Recipes: Smoked Chicken and Grapefruit Cups Recipe
These are a fabulous alternative to a sandwich. Smoked chicken breast works brilliantly but if you can’t get hold of it a plain cooked chicken breast will work just as well. A note from Eatopic: To segment the grapefruit use a serrated knife to cut the top and bottom off the grapefruit then sit it flat on one end and use the knife to work top to bottom removing all the skin from the sides. Slide the knife along each of the membranes to remove each segment. Squeeze the pith over a bowl to collect the juice.
- 20 g pine nuts
- 160 g whole smoked chicken breast
- 1 red grapefruit, segments and 1 tablespoon of juice
- 1 teaspoon mild olive oil
- ½ medium avocado, peeled and finely diced
- 3 little gem lettuce hearts, 16 leaves separated, tiny leaves in the centre discarded
- Heat a small non-stick pan and add the pine nuts to toast for about 3 minutes mixing once to turn them – take care as these can easily burn. Switch off the heat and set aside in the pan.
- Using your hands, shred the chicken breast into small strips and place into a medium bowl.
- Break each of the grapefruit segments into three or four pieces and add to the chicken. Then add the grapefruit juice, olive oil, avocado and toasted pine nuts. Mix well to combine.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with the mixture and serve eight cups per person.