French Rice Pilaf with Vegies
Delicious French rice pilaf with colorful vegies
- 400 g rice
- 200 ml chicken broth
- 1 cup peas
- 1 big carrot
- 2 tablespoon corn
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Chop the carrots into pea-sized cubes and add them to the pot with the peas.
- After roasting for a while, add the corn and fry it. After adding the rice, fry it for 5 more minutes on medium heat and take it off the stove.
- Add the chicken broth and then pour enough hot water to half an inch above the rice (approx. one finger).
- Add salt and mix it up and put it back on the stove.
- Cover the pot with the lid ajar and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes mix the rice, turn down the stove and close the lid completely. Cook it until the water is gone (10-15 min).
- You can serve the rice pilaf after resting for 10 minutes.
- Don’t forget to take the salt in the broth into account when adding salt to the rice.
- You will have an extra delicious pilaf if you add a tablespoon of extra butter after you turn off the heat and let it rest after mixing.