Easy Chinese Cuisine: Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 1 tsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsps cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 inch fresh root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 dried black mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 2 oz open mushrooms, sliced
- 2 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- #A classic combination which always tastes great.# Mix the Seasoning ingredients together. Marinate the chicken in the seasoning mixture for 10 minutes.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes. Remove and put to one side.
- Fry the drained chicken in the remaining oil for 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add a little extra oil if necessary.
- Return the fried onion mixture to the wok and stir-fry until well mixed. Pour the blended sauce ingredients into the wok and cook gently until the sauce thickens. Serve piping hot. #COOK’S TIP# Supermarkets now have a wider range of mushrooms so choose your favorites if you cannot get those in the recipe.