Chicken with Hoisin Sauce and Cashews | Microwave Recipes
Cashews accentuate the taste of meat whilst adding a delightful flavor. TIME: Preparation takes 20 minutes, microwave cooking takes 7-9 minutes plus 2 minutes standing time. COOK’S TIP: Ensure the cashew nuts are unsalted. If you can only buy salted ones, rinse before using.
- 1 lb chicken, skinned, boned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 11⁄4 cups stock
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 4 tbsps Hoisin sauce
- 2 oz roasted cashew nuts
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced
- Combine the chicken with all the ingredients except the nuts and onions.
- Put into a casserole dish, cover and cook on HIGH for 7-9 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time. – Once the sauce has thickened and the cornstarch has cleared, add the nuts and the green onions.
- Re-cover the dish and leave to stand 2 minutes before serving. Serve with rice.