Chicken Recipe: Chicken and Bean Sprout Salad
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 12 oz chicken breast meat
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsps chopped chives
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce Pinch chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- #Steamed chicken and bean sprouts, coated in a refreshingly light sauce.# Cook the bean sprouts for 2 minutes in boiling water. Drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside to drain completely.
- Sprinkle the chicken with 1 tsp soy sauce and cook in a Chinese steamer.
- Once the chicken is cooked, set it aside to cool and then slice thinly.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing together the remaining ingredients and seasoning with a little salt and pepper. Allow the sauce to stand for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the bean sprouts and the chicken. Pour over the sauce and serve. #VARIATION# The chicken could be cooked in stock, to which the soy sauce has been added. #COOK’S TIP# Mix together the sauce ingredients the day before using them. The flavors will have more time to develop fully.