Chicken & Corn Saute Recipe | Popular Dishes of Chinese Cuisine (how many calories)
This quick and healthy dish is stir-fried, which means you need use only the minimum of fat.
- 4 skinless, boneless Chicken breasts
- 9 oz/250 g cobs Baby corn
- oz/250 g Snow peas
- 2 tbsp Corn oil
- 1 tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Corn seeds
- Salt and pepper
- rice or Chinese egg noodles, to serve
- Using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breasts into long, thin strips.
- Cut the baby corn in half lengthwise and top and tail the snow peas.
- Heat the corn oil in a preheated wok or a wide skillet.
- Add the chicken breasts to the wok and stir-fry over a fairly high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the baby corn and snow peas and stir-fry over moderate heat for 5-8 minutes, until evenly cooked. The vegetables should still be slightly crunchy.
- Mix together the sherry vinegar, honey, and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir the vinegar mixture into the pan with the corn seeds.
- Season well with pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Serve the chicken & corn saute hot with rice or Chinese egg noodles.
- VARIATION: Rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar makes a good substitute for the sherry vinegar.