Chicken Corn Chowder with Almonds Recipe
Toasted almonds add a special flavor to this chowder.
- 2 x 8 oz cans creamed com
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 2 tbsps rice wine Vi cup toasted almonds
- Salt and pepper
- Combine com, stock and chicken in a large deep bowl.
- Partially cover and cook 3-5 minutes or until chicken is nearly cooked.
- Combine cornstarch and rice wine and stir into the soup.
- Cook 2-3 minutes to allow cornstarch thicken and clear.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds, season and serve. #TIME: Preparation takes 15 minutes, microwave cooking takes 5-8 minutes.#