Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a popular dish of boneless chicken breast pounded and rolled around a pork meat (such as ham or prosciutto) and a soft cheese (such as mozzarella, Swiss or bleu cheese) and then either fried or baked. Chicken Cordon Blue is a relatively recent American creation, drawing upon techniques from both Chicken Kiev and similar schnitzel dishes. SERVINGS: 6 to 8 PREP TIME: 15 Minutes COOK TIME: 45 Minutes TOTAL TIME: 1 Hour CALORIES: 548
- 6 skinless, honoloss chicken breast halves
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices ham
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick. Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges. Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks. Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the wine and bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken. Serve warm. Chicken cordon bleu ready.
You may replace the Swiss with any otherthick melting cheese. provolone and Brie will achieve a new flavor while beeping the same texture.NUTRITION FACTS: Calorics: 548 Total Fat: 40.9g Cholesterol: 195mg