Chicken Breasts in Foil Recipe
- 4 medium sized chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large onions, cut into cubes
- 3 – 4 celery stalks, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, snipped from stalks
- Lemon slices
- #Lamb can easily be used in this recipe. Cooking chicken or meat in foils will help the meat retain its juices.# Brine your meat first
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil while you prepare the chicken.
- Season chicken on both sides and sear evenly in a pan with olive oil.
- Remove chicken from pan and sautee the onions and celery cubes until translucent.
- Cut foil in rectangular sheets. Spoon 2 tablespoons or more of onion – celery mixture in the middle of each sheet. Place one piece of chicken on top and spread 1 – 1 ½ teaspoons mustard of your choice.
- Sprinkle generously with thyme leaves and place 2 or 3 lemon slices on each chicken breast. Wrap foil around chicken breasts and vegetables to form a tube. Sgueeze ends tightly like a candry wrap.
- Drop foil packages into boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
- Place one package on each plate and let everyone unwrap their own. Serve with Polenta and Sauteed Greens.