Beef Steak with Ginger Recipe | Chinese Style Beef
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsps light soy sauce
- 2 tbsps rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh root ginger, peeled and ground
- 1/2 lb beef fillet, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsps stock
- Few drops sesame oil
- 1 tsp Shao Hsing wine or dry sherry
- 4 tbsps oil
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- #Fresh root ginger accentuates the beef perfectly in this spicy recipe.# Mix the seasoning ingredients with the ground ginger. Add the beef and marinate for 20 minutes. Drain the beef and discard the marinade.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Heat 3 tbsps oil in the wok and fry the sliced ginger and onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the bamboo shoots and chilies and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and fry the beef for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fried vegetables and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add well-stirred sauce ingredients and simmer gently as the mixture thickens. Simmer another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve. #TIME# Preparation takes 20-25 minutes, cooking takes 10-12 minutes.