PREP TIME: 25 min
COOK TIME: 45 min
READY TIME: 1 h 10 min
CALORIES: 475 (per serving)
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 3 cups (24 fl oz) chicken stock
- 5 cups (40 fl oz) water
- 8 slices ginger or galangal
- 2 red chillies, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 2 coriander roots
- 1 Chinese barbecue duck, flesh removed and chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 200 g (6½ oz) fresh or 150 g (5 oz) dried ramen noodles
- Bean sprouts, chilli and coriander to garnish
1 Place stock and water in a saucepan and heat until liquid is simmering. Continue simmering and add galangal, chillies and lime juice.
2 Bruise lemon grass and coriander with the back of a cleaver to release flavours and add to saucepan. Allow liquid to simmer for 20 minutes.
3 Strain liquid, return to saucepan and return to heat with duck and shallots. Boil ramen noodles in a separate saucepan for 3-5 minutes or until tender, and drain. Add noodles to soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
4 Ladle soup and noodles into bowls and garnish with bean sprouts, chilli strips and coriander.
Calories: 475 Kcal
Fat: 12.8 g
Cholesterol: 98.8 mg
Sodium: 1,351.0 mg
Potassium: 883.6 mg
Carbs: 73.1 g