Easy Chinese Cuisine: Stewed Chicken and Pineapple Recipe
- 2 tbsps light sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsps water
- 1 1/2 lbs boned chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 tsps cornstarch
- 1 cup water or chicken stock
- 2 tsps dark soy sauce Salt to taste
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4-5 pineapple rings, cut into chunks
- #Pineapple complements the chicken wonderfully in this dish.# Mix the seasoning ingredients together.
- Add the cubed chicken and marinate for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onions for 2 minutes until just tender. Add the drained chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the root ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- Add any remaining marinade and the sauce ingredients and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens then add the pineapple chunks. Heat through. Remove from the heat and serve with fried rice.