The Peking Duck Recipe | Appetizers And Snacks
- 1 duck, weighing 4 lbs
- ½ medium cucumber
- 4 green onions
- Small can yellow bean sauce
- 3 tbsps sugar
- 2 tbsps oil
- #A magnificent recipe much loved by all fans of Chinese cooking.# Clean and dry the duck. Leave in a cool place overnight.
- Finely shred the cucumber and green onions.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the duck on a grill rack set on top of a baking pan. Cook the duck for 1 1/4 hours. The duck should be very dark and crispy.
- For the sauce, heat 2 tbsps oil in a small pan. Add the yellow bean paste and sugar. Cook together for 1-2 minutes.
- Peel the skin off the duck and cut into 2-inch slices. Serve on a heated platter. Carve the meat off the duck into 2-inch slices, serve on a separate platter.
- The duck skin and meat are eaten by wrapping them in pancakes which are first of all brushed with a teaspoon of duck sauce and a layer of cucumber and green onions.