You will love this delicious creamy risotto recipe prepared with sweet potatoes and chicken.
Sweet Potato and Chicken Risotto Recipe
- 11 oz sweet potato 350 g, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock 32-36 fl oz
- 1 cup white wine 8 fl oz, dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 leeks chopped
- 2 chicken breast fillets chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese shaved or grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- black pepper a pinch
- Place sweet potatoes in a greased baking dish and bake at 180°C (350°F) for 25 minutes or until crisp.
- Place stock and wine in a saucepan and heat to a slow simmer.
- Place oil and butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook until soft and golden.
- Add chicken to pan and cook for 4 minutes or until browned.
- Remove chicken mixture from pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add rice to pan and cook in pan juices until rice is translucent.
- Add stock a cup at a time to rice and stir continuously.
- Just before risotto is cooked, add chicken mixture and parmesan and stir well.
- Mash half the sweet potato with butter and add it to risotto.
- To serve, place risotto on a serving plate and top with remaining roasted sweet potato.
- Add black pepper.
If you want to know about the nutritional value of this delicious risotto you may find it below.
Calories: 830 Kcal
Cholesterol: 87.8 mg
Sodium: 810.8 mg
Carbs: 125.6 g
Protein: 39.2 g