Stuffed Fillets of Fish with Stir-fried Vegetables
- 4 plaice fillets, skinned
- Salt and pepper
- 75 g/3 oz curd cheese or low-fat soft cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Finely grated rind of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon water
- #For The Stir-fry#
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 courgettes, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small fennel bulb or 2 celery sticks, cut into strips
- 50 g/2 oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- #To garnish#
- Snipped chives
- Lime wedges
- To make the stuffing, mix together the curd or low-fat soft cheese, parsley, lemon rind and water. Divide the mixture among the plaice fillets and spread it over the skinned side. Roll up the fillets and place them side by side in a small ovenproof dish.
- Cover the fish with foil and bake in a preheated oven, 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4, for about 20 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- To stir-fry the vegetables, heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion, carrots, courgettes, fennel or celery and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring and turning constantly, until the vegetables are almost tender. Arrange them around the fish and return the dish to the oven.
- Serve garnished with chives and lime wedges.