Stuffed Apples With Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sweet wine
- 4 large apples
- 4 ladyfingers, crumbled
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- 8 walnut halves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 25 g bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- #The presentation of this dessert wins almost the same number of points as the taste. If you like ice cream with fruit desserts then scoop some on the side and enjoy!# Soak raisins in wine for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cut tops of apples and reserve them as lids. Carve out the apples leaving 1 1/2 cm apple flesh and chop the removed pulp into the crumbled ladyfingers which you have placed in a bowl. Then add chopped almonds, pine nuts, walnuts, raisins and orange peel. Fill hollowed apples with the mixture. Push in with spoon and top with the apple lid.
- Place apples in a steamer over boiling water. Cover and steam for 10-12 minutes, until the apples are just tender.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate and cream over low heat in a double boiler until chocolate melts. Spoon chocolate sauce onto individual dessert plates and spread with a spoon so sauce forms an even circle on each plate. Sit a stuffed apple on sauce and dust generously with confectioner’s sugar.
- Enjoy this dessert with a sweet dessert wine. Cheers!