Stir-fry Beef with Mango Slices Recipe
- ½ lb fillet of beef
- 1 tbsp cooking wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 large mango
- 4 tbsps oil
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger root
- 1 tbsp shredded green onions
- #This oriental combination of ingredients is refreshingly different.# Cut beef into thin bite-sized slices. Marinate in the wine, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and pepper for 20 minutes.
- Skin mango, cut into 14-inch thick slices.
- Set wok over a high heat, pour 4 tbsps oil into the wok, wait until it’s almost smoking. Reduce heat to moderate, stir-fry the beef and ginger for 1-2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Toss the mango slices in the hot oil for a few seconds, return the beef and ginger, and green onions. Stir over the heat for a further few seconds. Serve immediately. #TIME# Preparation takes 30 minutes, cooking takes about 3 minutes. #COOK’S TIP# If you cannot get a fresh mango – canned mango is available from supermarkets.