Spreads and Fillings: Stuffed Party Rolls Recipe
- 6 Vienna rolls
- 1 lb (450g) curd cheese
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1fl oz (20ml) white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mixed herbs, or 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 1 green pepper
- 2 gherkins
- 8 oz (225 g) ham
- 4 oz (100 g) cooked chicken
- 6 button mushrooms
- 2 oz (50g) pistachio nuts ( optional)
- 2 teaspoons grated root ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped mixed peel
- 1 fl oz (20 ml) sherry
- Slice off one third of each roll and scoop out all the bread from inside.
- Place half the curd cheese in a bowl and stir in the Tabasco, white wine, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Wash the green pepper, remove the seeds and dice the flesh finely, with the gherkins and half the ham.
- Mix the ham, pepper and gherkins into the curd cheese. Finely chop the remaining ham, the chicken, mushrooms and pistachios, if used, and mix in a separate bowl with the remaining curd chese.
- Add the grated root ginger, chopped mixed peel and sherry.
- Fill three of the rolls with the wine and herb mixture, and the remaining three rolls with the chicken and ginger mixture.
- Set the two sections of each roll back together again, wrap in cooking foil and leave to stand for a few hours in the refrigerator.