Spicy Pesto Recipe: Red Pepper And Walnut Pesto
- 2 chargrilled red peppers
- 55 g walnut pieces, toasted
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #Further proof that pine nuts aren’t the only type of nut that can make a fine pesto.# Put all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Taste and season as necessary.
- MAKES APPROXIMATELY 150 ML #Variation# If you have time, roast your own red peppers; place under a preheated high grill until the skins are blackened on all sides. Put in a plastic bag for 10 minutes, then slip off the skins.