Smorgasbord Recipes: Smoked Eel and Salmon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mixed herbs, or a generous pinch dried mixed herbs
- Salt and white pepper
- 20 g/3/4oz soft butter
- 1 large slice brown bread
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- 2 small smoked eel fillets
- 1 thin slice smoked salmon
- Beat together the egg, herbs, salt and pepper. Melt 15 g (1/2 oz) butter in a pan, add the beaten egg and scramble over a low heat. Leave to cool slightly.
- Spread the bread with the rest of the butter. Wash and dry the lettuce thoroughly and place on the bread.
- Cut the bread in half with a sharp knife, and spread both halves with the scrambled egg.
- Remove the skin from the smoked eel, and arrange on one half-slice of bread.
- Roll up the smoked salmon slice and place on the other half. #COOK’S TIP# Most kinds of smoked fish can be used in this recipe.