Smoked Salmon Salad with Dill (Salade de saumon fumé a l’ aneth)
- 30 ml/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 125 ml/4 fl oz/ 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml/2 tbsp fresh chopped dill, plus a few sprigs for garnishing
- 225 g/8 oz smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and cut into julienne strips
- Black pepper
- Caviar, to garnish (optional)
- Arrange the salmon slices on four individual plates and arrange the slices of fennel on top. then scatter over the cucumber julienne strips.
- Mix together the lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make a creamy vinaigrette. Stir in the chopped dill.
- Spoon a little vinaigrette over the fennel and cucumber. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the salmon and garnish with sprigs of dill.
- Top each salad with a spoonful of caviar, if you like.