Skinny Avocado Egg Sandwich Recipe
This skinny avocado egg sandwich is super easy and healthy! Try it as a wrap also! It tastes great too! If you’re on a gluten free diet or looking to use less calories this is also wonderful in a lettuce wrap or why not a hollowed out tomato! Whether you serve this as a wrap, on whole-grain toast or in a lettuce cup, you will love this egg salad that uses half the yolks and lots of healthy fats from the avocado. SERVINGS: 6 PREP TIME: 20 Minutes TOTAL TIME: 20 Minutes CALORIES: 155
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 hard boiled egg whites, chopped (discard the rest): You can replace the Smart Points egg whites with whole eggs, the points will remain the same.
- 1 medium hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise (for Whole30 use compliant mayo)
- 1 tbsp fat free plain yogurt (for Whole30/Paleo swap with more mayo)
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Combine the egg yolks with the avocado, light mayo, yogurt, chives, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mash with a fork.
- Combine with egg whites and adjust salt as needed.