Singapore Chicken Chinese Style | Microwave Recipes
Chicken, pineapple and mandarin form the basis of this colorful dish.
- 2 tbsps oil
- 2 tsps curry powder
- 1 lb chicken, skinned, boned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large onion, cut in large pieces
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 10 oz can mandarin orange segments, juice reserved
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Dash soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish for 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Add the curry powder, and cook 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Add the chicken, cover the dish and cook 5 minutes on HIGH.
- Add the onion, mix the cornstarch with the reserved pineapple and orange juice and add to the chicken. Cover and cook 5 minutes on HIGH, stirring occasionally after 1 minute.
- When the sauce thickens, add the pineapple, orange segments and bean sprouts.
- Leave to stand 2 minutes before serving. Serve with fried or plain boiled rice. #TIME: Preparation takes 20 minutes, microwave cooking takes 11 minutes plus 2 minutes standing time.# #COOK’S TIP: Do not buy the bean sprouts too far in advance as they deteriorate rapidly.#