Shanghai Noodle Snack | Chinese Style Microwave Recipe
Crabmeat adds a touch of style to this tasty snack.
- 1lb Chinese egg noodles
- 1 quart boiling water
- 2 tbsps cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsps rice wine
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1¼cups light stock
- 1 small piece ginger root, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Meat from one large crab or 6 oz frozen or
- canned crabmeat
- Cook the noodles in the boiling water for 3 minutes on HIGH.
- Leave to stand 5 minutes, covered, while preparing the sauce.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a deep bowl, stirring well to mix the cornstarch
- Cook 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and clears.
- Add the onions and crab and cook 3 seconds on HIGH.
- Drain the noodles well and toss with the sauce to serve. #TIME: Preparation takes 15 minutes, microwave cooking takes 5-6 minutes plus 5 minutes standing time.# #COOK’S TIP: Egg noodles are available in different thicknesses, choose the thicker variety for this dish.#