This is a quick dish to prepare and makes an ideal accompaniment to all kinds of roast and grilled meats. Use any combination of wild or cultivated “wild” mushrooms you can find.
PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
READY TIME: 20 min
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 900 g/2 lb mixed fresh wild and cultivated mushrooms, such as morels, porcini, chanterelles, oyster or shiitake
- 30 ml/2 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g/1 oz/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 or 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 45-60 ml/3-4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, or a mixture of fresh herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Wash and carefully dry any very dirty mushrooms. Trim the stems and cut the mushrooms into quarters or shoe if very large.
2 In a large heavy frying pan, heat the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the butter and swirl to melt, then stir in the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until beginning to brown.
3 Add the garlic and shallots and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and any liquid given off has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley or mixed herbs.