Red Bell Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 5 large red bell peppers or 10 long red peppers, seeded
- Olive oil
- A few drops of hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A pinch of sugar or more
- A splash of vinegar (optional)
- #There are only two ingredients in this sauce -peppers and onions – but it is an experience on the taste buds. This is a tasty sauce to accompany Polenta Triangles or any other dish. The sauce can also be used as a topping for bruschetta (or crostini). Spread generously over prepared bruschetta and top with anything you fancy — olives, toasted pine nuts, prosciutto, parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, grilled vegetables, ( and the list goes on and on).# Cut the peppers into large pieces. Smear an oven tray with olive oil and lay the peppers on the tray.
- Cover and bake until peppers are soft. When the peppers are cool, place them in a food processor with all of the rest of the ingredients.
- Process until smooth. Scrape the sauce into a bowl. Taste and correct seasoning if necessary.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use. Return to room temperature before serving,