Recipes for Parties: Stuffed Tomatoes
- 1 oz (25 g) long-grain rice
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon single cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mixed herbs or 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt and white pepper
- 6 stuffed olives
- Cook the rice following the instructions on the packet, drain and leave to cool.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes. Slice off the tops to make lids, scoop out the seeds from inside and discard.
- Mix the rice with the mayonnaise, cream, herbs and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the olives and stir into the rice mixture. Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture and replace the lids.