Pork with Green Peppers Recipe
- 1 lb pork fillet
- 2 tbsps oil
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 tsp wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch, combined with a little water
- #A quickly-prepared stir-fried pork dish with green peppers and a Hoisin-based sauce.# Slice the pork thinly, then cut into narrow strips. Heat the oil in a wok. Add the garlic, green pepper and the meat. Stir together well. Cook for 1 minute, shaking the wok occasionally.
- Stir in the vinegar, stock and Hoisin sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch and cook, stirring continuously, until the desired consistency is reached. #TIME# Preparation takes about 10 minutes and cooking takes 5 minutes. #VARIATION# Replace the green pepper with a red one. #WATCHPOINT# It is not necessary to add sugar to this sauce, as the Hoisin sauce is sweet enough.