Pork with Black Bean Sauce Recipe | Pork Chinese Style
- 8 oz lean pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeds removed, and sliced
- 3 tbsps black soya beans, rinsed in cold water and crushed with back of a spoon
- 2 tbsps Chinese wine, or dry sherry
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- #A tasty recipe which brings together classic Chinese ingredients.# Mix together black beans, wine, ginger, soy sauce and garlic.
- Blend cornstarch with 2 tbsps of water and add to mixture.
- Place pork in a bowl, and pour over sauce. Toss together well. Leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat wok, add oil and stir-fry red pepper for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add pork, reserving marinade sauce. Stir-fry pork until browned well all over.
- Add marinade sauce and remaining water. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and gently simmer for about 30 minutes, until pork is tender, stirring occasionally. Add more water if necessary.
- Just before serving, add red pepper and heat through. Serve with plain white rice. #TIME: Preparation takes 40 minutes, cooking takes 45 minutes.# #BUYING GUIDE: Black soya beans are available from health food stores.#