Pappardelle With Breaded Chicken And Garlic-Parsley Butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 300 g dried pappardelle
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 75g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 25g Parmesan cheese shavings
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #Here are all the flavours and crunch of chicken Kiev. Of course, making your own is not only much tastier, but with thick strands of pappardelle to soak up the buttery juices, it’s good bowl food, too. Turkey escalopes or cod fillets work just as well.# Here are all the flavours and crunch of chicken Kiev. Of course, making your own is not only much tastier, but with thick strands of pappardelle to soak up the buttery juices, it’s good bowl food, too. Turkey escalopes or cod fillets work just as well. – Prepare one bowl with the beaten egg and another with the breadcrumbs. Put one chicken breast in a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin until flattened out. Spoon some of the flour into the bag, season well and shake until the chicken is coated. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs and set aside. Repeat the entire process with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add the chicken in a single layer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn over and cook the other side for the same amount of time, or until both sides are golden.
- Lift the chicken onto a chopping board. Add the butter to the pan along with the garlic and parsley and leave to cook over low heat until the garlic and butter are about to colour. Season generously. Cut the chicken Into strips and return to the pan.