Meat Loaf With Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe
- 12 oil packed sun-dried tomatoes,(drained and chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of hard cheese of choice, grated
- 2 egg whites
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 500 g / 1 lb lean ground meat,(beef or a mixture of equal parts of beef and lean lamb)
- #No need for an introduction – meat loaf is another favorite. Occasionally it is worth to buy red meat – make sure it’s lean enough to be on the healthy side. I have streamlined this recipe by using egg whites as a binder. Serve this dish with your favorite recipe of potatoes or Polenta or Roasted Vegetables and a green salad.# Preheat oven to 350 °F / 180 °C.
- Throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well with a fork. Spoon and spread mixture into a loaf pan coated with olive oil. If you wish, spread about a tablespoon of ketchup on meat -and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve Avocado Mayonnaise on the side.
- Try this: Add chopped and sauteed mushrooms to the meat loaf.