Mascarpone Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500 g / 1 lb spinach leaves, trimmed, washed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- #This recipe is a variation on creamed spinach which everyone of us has prepared many times. The difference is only the Mascarpone – the fantastically delicious Italian cheese. On previous page you will find a recipe for an equivalent of Mascarpone cheese in case it is not available in your grocery store when you need to use it. It is a useful substitute in other recipes which call for Mascarpone as well.# Heat oil in a large pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Toss all of spinach into pot. Stir and mix until wilted. Mix in ginger.
- Spoon in Mascarpone cheese and lastly throw in the pine nuts. Stir until heated through.
- Taste and then correct seasoning. Serve immediately.