Establish your culinary reputation with this! A refreshing soup that can be served hot or cold is a sure winner.
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 30 min
READY TIME: 45 min
CALORIES: 65 Kcal
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 175 g (6 oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1.75 kg (3/4 lb) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 ml (17 fl oz) Chicken Stock
- 250 ml (8 fl oz) orange juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- Sprigs of tarragon or parsley, to garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Pepper, to taste
1 Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and potatoes for 2—3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
2 Add the tomatoes, tarragon, garlic, stock and salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
3 Puree the soup in a blender or food processor, then pass through a sieve and discard the pulp that remains in the sieve.
4 Mix the orange juice and rind into the soup. Reheat or serve chilled, garnished with fresh tarragon or parsley sprigs, if liked.
- Calories: 65 Kcal
- Protein: 2 (g)
- Fat: 2 (g)
- Carbohydrate: 10 (g)