On a sweltering summer’s day this healthy concoction of fruit, juices and honey is an ideal replacement for breakfast, or even lunch.
PREP TIME: 10 min
CHILLING TIME: 3-4 h
READY TIME: 4 h
CALORIES: 290 Kcal
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 2 dessert apples, peeled, quartered and cored
- 6 bananas, roughly chopped
- 500 g (1 lb) fresh strawberries
- 375 g (12 oz) pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- 1 litre (1 ¾) pints fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 300 ml (½ pint) fresh grapefruit juice
- 5-6 tablespoons clear honey
- Crushed black peppercorns or sprigs of fresh mint and strawberries, to garnish
1 Place all the fruit in a food processor or blender with 300 ml (1/2 pint) of the orange juice and blend until very smooth. Add the lemon juice and grapefruit juice and the honey. Blend again until the mixture is smooth, in batches if necessary.
2 Pour the soup into a large bowl, stir in the remaining orange juice and cover the bowl loosely. Chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
3 Pour the chilled soup into 6 chilled bowls and garnish each portion with crushed black peppercorns or a sprig of fresh mint and a strawberry.
- Calories: 290 Kcal
- Protein: 3 (g)
- Fat: 1 (g)
- Carbs: 73 (g)