Layered Salmon with Potato Cakes and Watercress Sauce
- 14 oz (425 g) grated raw potato
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- Butter, for grilling
- #WATERCRESS SAUCE#
- 2-3 bunches of watercress
- 8 fl (250 ml) oz crème fraîche
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- First prepare the watercress sauce, Chop the watercress, reserving 4 sprigs for decoration, then put the crème fraîche and chopped watercress into a saucepan and stir together. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Put the grated potato into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into four cakes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the potato cakes and cook over a moderate heat until browned all over and softened inside. Remove from the pan and set aside to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Line the grill rack with a piece of greased foil and arrange the fillets on top. Dot with butter and cook under a preheated grill for 4—5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Heat the watercress sauce gently – it may be served hot or cold.
- To serve, place a potato cake on each plate, put the salmon on top and pour the sauce over. Garnish with watercress sprigs and serve immediately.