Lamb Meatballs with Yogurt Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- l oz breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsps oil
- Small pinch of salmon strands, or 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsps boiling water
- 5 tbsps natural yogurt
- Fresh Chinese parsley (cilantro) or mint to garnish
- #A refreshing recipe which will have everyone asking for more.# In a bowl, mix together ground lamb, garlic, onion, chili powder, garam masala, mint and breadcrumbs.
- Add lightly beaten egg to bind ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Wet hands. Take a teaspoon of mixture, and roll between palms, forming small balls.
- Heat wok and add oil. Add meatballs, shake wok to make meatballs roll around, and fry until browned well all over.
- Add saffron or turmeric to 2 tbsps boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Add water to yogurt, and stir in until evenly mixed. Reheat meatballs and serve on yogurt.
- Garnish with mint or fresh cilantro. Serve with rice. #TIME# Preparation takes 15 minutes, cooking takes 30 minutes. #COOK’S TIP# Saffron is expensive, so if you do not intend to use it very often it may be better to use turmeric.