Lamb Curry Recipe | Chinese Style
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 lb lean, boned lamb, cut into cubes
- 1-2 carrots, scraped and sliced
- 1 tsp five-spice mixture
- Salt to taste
- 2 chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- #Lamb absorbs flavors well and is therefore perfect for curries. # Heat the oil and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the lamb and carrots and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle over the five-spice powder and add the salt, chilies and tomato paste.
- Stir in 1 cup water. Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Mix 2 tbsps water with the cornstarch and add to the curry.
- Add the green pepper and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with rice. #TIME# Preparation takes 15 minutes, cooking takes 50 minutes. #BUYING Guide# Five-spice is a mixture of some of the most commonly used spices in Chinese cooking. It is available in good supermarkets and delicatessens.