Lamb Chops With Pistachio Pesto Crumbs Recipe
- 12 bone-in lamb chops, all fat removed and slightly pounded
- #For Pesto#
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red hot pepper (cayenne pepper)
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- A generous sqeeze of lemon juice
- 1 cup bread crumbs, made from fresh bread
- #Pesto means ‘pounded’ in Italian. Pestos were once worked into a paste using a mortar and pestel. But now life in the kitchen is easier and quicker with the food processor.# Preheat oven to 350 °F / 180 °C.
- Make pesto first by toasting pistachios in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, Shake pan once or twice for even toasting. Cool and remove dried skin. Then put all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. The pesto can be prepared ahead and best of all, left over pesto can be frozen for future use. Season lamb chops with salt and pepper.
- HEAT your skillet and brush with olive oil. Then sear chops on both sides, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Place chops in an oven proof dish and let them cool. Spread about 1 heaping teaspoon of pesto on each chop. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Brown in oven for 20 minutes or so until tops of chops are browned.
- Serve chops with mashed potatoes and Oven Baked Tomatoes.